A Snapshot of Hangzhou

After a fantastic three days in Hangzhou and a grueling seven hour train ride today (I was forced to buy a standing ticket because all of the seats were taken), I finally made it to Xiamen.  I was greeted at my hostel by smiles and after I got settled I was taken out to dinner by one of the volunteers here – best dumplings I have ever had!  It was nice to relax tonight and catch up on some photo editing, as well as catch up with some family back home.  I will be here for the next three days and then will either head to Hong Kong for a few days or head east to Guilin.  Stay tuned – I know you are all on the edge of your seats.

Today I want to take you on a little photo tour of West Lake, the central attraction of Hongzhou.  Hongzhou is a two-hour train ride south of Shanghai and is a huge vacation spot for Chinese and Westerners alike.  I spent all day Friday walking this massive lake, eight hours in fact, photographing (and being photographed – apparently my ginger beard is even a bigger hit the farther south I head) and enjoying the clean air.

I hope you enjoy the 20 photos below.  I took all of these handheld with my Nikon D800 and 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.  Feel free to leave a comment below and say hi!  Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for stopping by!  Check back again soon for more!

1. Michele says:

Sunset on the lake with the boat is wonderful. I love all the pictures, keep up the great work.

2. Cindy Taylor says:

Adam, these are absolutely gorgeous!! Seriously, they look like something out of a magical storybook. I may not comment every day, but I am really enjoying your journey :).

What a great series of shots, Adam nice look at a foreign land. :-)
    Man, looks like such a fun trip you’re on now. Even the train ride sound like fun, even if it was a long one.

Safe travels, bud!

4. Marcie says:

What gorgeous scenes and images. You paint a magical picture of a place I’ll probably never have the opportunity to see.

5. Nancy Pryor says:

Make sure you are not under too much pressure from us selfish viewers to stop and smell the roses if you will. Thanks fr the images. I love the plant that has long slim green blades. And the third photo with the go through of the opening underneath the middle of the bridge being completed by the water reflection of the top half. Be safe.

6. David S says:

Outstanding series of pictures man! Keep up the great work, have fun, and be safe!

7. Jim Nix says:

great collection of shots Adam, looks like you are enjoying your big adventure – keep up the great shots and have fun out there!

All great shots Adam, have fun.

9. gregorylent says:

nice pp colorization

10. John says:

Wow Adam you’re really out doing yourself these days. This set of shots is amazing and really brings me to the other side of the planet. Hope your travels are going well so far can’t wait to see where else your camera takes you!

11. Absolutely spectacular, in every sense of the word! What wonderful photography, Adam, it’s an amazing part of the world and I really do feel like we’ve traveled a few miles here with you today. Godspeed!

12. […] A Snapshot of Hangzhou – as Adam Allegro heads deeper into the heart of his China adventure where we get to visit a landmark lake with him.  His incredible photography really accents the natural wonder and beauty of this part of the world, and China in particular, making it a series of photos sure to really be enjoyed by all. The new tools. by Boudewijn Berends, on Flickr […]

A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou A Snapshot of Hangzhou