Leo Carillo Seascape and Costa Rica

As I struggle to finish my to-do list, it dawned on me that I haven’t posted in a few days.  I leave for Costa Rica tonight at midnight, spending the next 9 days exploring the country with my mom, so I have been busy getting things together for the trip.  I am bringing my laptop so I will be able to process images and continue to post.  Check back for some new material from Central America later this week!

Today I wanted to give you an idea what I do when I shoot (and how ridiculous I look at times).  Mother Allegro accompanied me to Leo Carillo State Beach last week, bringing my D7000 and 50mm lens.  She got some great shots of me (the first three below).  Before we left, I waited and shot and waited and shot and waited some more.  It was all worth it when I captured the shot at the bottom:  A rushing wave, mossy-green rock, blue hour sky, and perched birds in the background.  Not bad for handheld, eh?

Enjoy!

1. Nope, not bad at all! In fact I think it’s perfect!

2. mark says:

Great shot, have fun in Costa Rica. when is your Mum started her Blog ; )

3. mark says:

Great shot, have fun in Costa Rica. when is your Mum starting her Blog ; )

4. You can feel that water coming at you!

5. Sathya says:

Love the Adam, amazing greens !!!
    and did u say handheld, wow :)

6. From the look of the last image, it was all worthwhile. Great capture, Adam!

I think Mama Allegro has some talent behind the camera. That last shot is awesome Adam.

Actually, really very nice! I’d read your Mom’s blog if she had one, too.

You don’t look any more ridiculous that the rest of us Adam. Maybe even less ridiculous. Nice shots by Mama Allegro

10. Good to see you in action buddy :) And I can see that the talent runs in the family :)

11. Mark Neal says:

Nice shots from both of you! Your last image is really beautiful, even if handheld.

12. Great shots! moma did good, and so did you mt friend