The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour

Welcome back!  Tomorrow I will be drawing another name for Free Prints.  All you have to do to be eligible is subscribe to the blog on the upper right.  Good Luck!

Today I have a little virtual tour I want to take you on.  Last week, in addition to spending time in San Jose and San Francisco, I spent 2 days in Monterey where I had the ability to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I remember visiting this wonderful place when I was younger, but seeing it now as an adult was truly awe-inspiring.

I only had about two hours to wander around taking photos, but I literally could have spent all day in there.  The price is a little steep, but this aquarium will stick with you for some time, and if you bring your kids, they will remember their visit forever.  Make sure and ask for military, senior, child, and student discounts to save you a little cash.

As you scroll through these photos, try to imagine being in moody, dark rooms, peaceful and serene, surrounded by these amazing creatures of the deep.  By far, my favorite exhibits were the Jellyfish tanks.  You can see those photos about halfway down.   I also included a shot directly below for you to use as a Facebook Cover Photo if you like.

Now sit back and relax and follow me on a private photo tour of the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Thanks for visiting!  Don’t forget to subscribe!

1. Meredith says:

Beautiful photos, Adam. Thanks for the mini-tour; I hope I can see it in person someday. I especially love the one of the little transparent jellyfish. That guy in the center is looking right back at you.

Wow just awesome Adam! So crisp and clear, love the last one with the sun shining on the turtle.

I haven’t been there in a long time but it’s a great place and filled with photo ops.

4. Adam these are fantastic! I can’t believe how clear and colorful they are!

Fantastic shots Adam…thanks for the tour. I love the starfish.

6. Killian says:

As a San Jose native who’s gone away to school, this post made me ridiculously happy – Monterey is one of the things I really miss about CA, and most especially, the aquarium. It makes me smile to see someone enjoying it as much as I do, and encouraging others to see it for themselves. :-)

7. A beautiful collection Adam!

8. ABarlow says:

My wife has been wanting to go here forever now. Maybe after baby. I wanna see the sharks!

Looks like a great day out. Some stunning images, Adam.

10. Gayle says:

Whoa, Adam. Well done. The aquarium is awesome and you did it justice. Come back up north when you can. These pictures are beautiful.

11. Great tour my friend, well done

12. What a fantastic set of images! So colourful and lively. Jellies are so much fun to photograph and you did a great job of avoiding reflection in the windows. I always find I get reflections of the ceiling lights.

These are wonderful, Adam.
    Love the vivid colors and the images are pretty awesome.

14. RICK LOUIE says:

Some really cool images! I need to go there one day when I’m in the area.

15. Scott Stratton says:

Beautiful pictures, Adam. Truly inpsired. It was a pleasure to meet you at the beginning of your visit. Thank you again for your service. Best wishes for your travels! Scott

16. Laura G. says:

The jellies are absolutely amazing !!

The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour The Monterey Bay Aquarium – A Photo Tour