An Explosion of Light

Welcome back everyone!  Since today is Monday its time for another Free Print Giveaway Winner!  So, without further adieu, a BIG Congratulations to:

nathaliefree@

Please get back to me in the next 48 hours with your info and I will get your prints shipped out!  For those who didn’t win, don’t worry, there is always next week (and the week after that, and the week after that….)!

This weekend was a blast.  I already posted some shots from the Gran Sasso on my Facebook profile, and will get them up here in the next few days.  Camping under the stars, grueling mountaineering, and my first mountain summit…  All in all a terrific little excursion.

Waking up early yesterday presented me with this beautiful scene in my hometown (for another month anyways) of Bacoli, Italy.  I could not have asked for better conditions!  Sunrises like this one have been few and far between as of late, so I was thrilled to get something this stunning.  The water was so calm there was almost no movement at all.  Additionally, since it was a Sunday, all of the colorful boats were sitting quietly in the little harbor, their owners busy sleeping and spending time with family, allowing me to steal this scene and share it with you!  Anyways, enjoy the photo and I hope to see you back tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting!  Subscribe today!

1. don hamilton says:

Adam, well done here, and such a “homerun”, when the color shows up, calm waters, and a fantastic forefront!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Extraordinary explosion of light, Adam!

Wonderful composition Adam with the rocks anchoring the wonderfully lit scene.

4. Adam Allegro says:

Each time I see this photo it takes my breath away again…such beauty in your backyard!

5. Dave DiCello says:

Come on man, this is out of this world. I mean just awesome!

Great shot, looks so relaxing.

7. Great shot, Adam! Wonderful light and just love the foreground rocks providing the anchor to the whole scene.

This is a real beauty Adam. Not only is there an outward explosition of light and color but there seems to be an inward explosition of the boats that gives the scene so much depth…does that make sense? :) Just love it.

9. John says:

Really nice capture Adam! Love the colors, the way the boats just go on seemingly forever and of course nothing really ever beats a beautiful sunrise photo anyway, right? It’s just such a peaceful time of day!

Anyways, I’ll hopefully be commenting a bit more, I’ve been in such a whirlwind of stuff lately I feel like I haven’t been around any of the sites I loved to follow in weeks. – It feels good to be catching up on all these awesome photos.

10. Victoria says:

Wonderful picture, very nice and lovely colors.