Aci Trezza

After an exhausting 5 days of sightseeing through Sicily (I know, poor me…), I am finally home and have over 800 photos to get through.  I am in desperate need of a new external hard drive – these D800 files are eating memory like its going out of style!

My sister is currently in New York City working on an exciting project; helping Susan Rockefeller to launch her AMAZING new jewelry company.  Susan’s first collection, Mission of Mermaidsis ocean inspired and reflects her commitment to protecting the seas.  ”I wanted to give people beautiful tools to continue the conversation about ocean protection and conservation,” says Susan.  The company prides itself on giving back in every way it can from working with skilled artisans to donating to charity.  The Susan Rockefeller online store will open in celebration of World Ocean’s Day next week- Friday, June 8.  Here are some of the pieces they will have available!

And now, on to today’s photo.  The second night of our little journey, my mom found this awesome little town on the beach called Aci Trezza.  Even though we were literally eaten alive by mosquitos that night, it was all worth it.  The best sunset of the trip by far, I ditched my mom while we were enjoying some wine and set up the tripod on the rocky beach to catch the fleeting light.  This is a single raw shot with my D800 and 14-24mm f/2.8 lens and processed in Lightroom 4.  The town you can see in the distance is Aci Trezza’s sister town, Aci Castello.  Enjoy!!

Thanks for visiting!  Feel free to share this with someone who might enjoy it!

Great sunset, fantastic photo. Glad you had a great time with your Mom and good luck to your Sister.

Another spectacular sunset, Adam.

3. Jim Nix says:

awesome work Adam!

4. ShinobiDave says:

Great picture Adam! I like the whites popping out in the rocks. I used to live in the apartments just under the cloud swirl in the center of the picture! Let me know when I can order a print. Think it could be a panoramic?

• Adam Allegro says:

Dave! Good to hear from you!! I will upload it tonight! I have a coupon code for 15% off right now, “SPRING” at checkout. I will upload the full res file tonight, and you can def make it a pano. I will upload it to the seascapes and pano section, then you can crop it how you like it. Sound good?

• ShinobiDave says:

Sounds good! Wasn’t sure if I could just download the file or if it only came in a print. Your smugmug portfolio, right?

• Adam Allegro says:

This isn’t the full res, like 1/5 the size. I will put it up on smugmug later. Go look at the options on smugmug and let me know what you are thinking. I changed print labs to Bay Photo, so the quality of the prints is much better, but the prices are higher. A tradeoff I thought long and hard about, but decided to go for quality over quantity :) send me an email if you need any suggestions or have any questions.

5. Some beautiful work from you sister Adam…and as usual the picture here is stunning :)

Fantastic sunset and some amazing detail in the shadow areas

Nice intaking effect

Excellent light and color in the image Adam. Looks like you are mastering the D800. Nicely captured.

9. Beautiful sunset shot. Those colors are stunning.

Wow stunning image Adam. What an incredible sunset you’ve captured.

11. Amazing capture Adam! Wonder details and light!