Monte Terminio at Sunset

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was quite relaxing, and I even got to do some hiking and camping Friday after getting out of my workshop (Transition to Civilian Life) early.

Also, if you were wondering, the status of my D800 from B&H Photo still reads Backordered!!!  And I pre-ordered within hours of it being available on the site.  It erks me a bit to see NPS (Nikon Professional Service) members getting priority treatment, while the rest of us are left waiting patiently for any kind of status update.  I guess I can’t get too peeved about it, I do have a pretty sweet camera as is.  I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to come and my toy to get here. :)

After packing all my gear and making some awesome homemade energy bars (raisins, smart start cereal, crisp crumbled bacon, peanut butter, crushed almonds, 3 eggs – mix, spread out in glass tray, cook for 15 minutes on 400 deg or until hard), I headed out for the town of Avellino and Mount Terminio.  I will have another post about the entire hike and awesome landscape I got to trek through, but I wanted to share this sunset shot first.  The clouds below were just amazing, and it literally felt like I was standing on Mount Olympus.  I scouted out my sunset location and composition, framed it early, and waited patiently for the sun to go down.  Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!  Check back tomorrow!

Vert nice way to end the day

2. Beautiful lighting! You caught the sunset and the clouds, not easy to do.

It does look like you are on Mt Olympus Adam. Great scene with the sun lighting the fog. Beautiful.

Stunning image, bud. You nailed this, catching all the elements to perfection.

Another fine shot, Adam.
    Before I got my Nikon, I had pre-ordered another camera. I waited 3 months with no information as to when the camera would be shipped and I got very anxious about it. At this time I had no other DLSR to fall back on. I canceled the order and got the Nikon and received it within 3 days. Been a happy camper ever since and don’t regret canceling my first order.

6. Eden says:

Awesome composition Adam!

That’s a killer sunset. It’s really nice with the layers and the fog.

Stunning vista Adam. I love the way you’ve positioned the sun, the whole composition is spectacular.

9. Mark Neal says:

Great composition, Adam. I like the lead in with the rocks. Nice job! Hope you get your new Nikon soon. I had to wait a few weeks for my D700 last year.

10. I think this must be the first time I have visited a photo blog and got a cooking lesson!!

Stunning image, Adam! Just love the way the sun is appearing at the top of the clouds in the valley.

11. Jim Nix says:

fabulous shot Adam, love it!

What an amazing place to be as the sun went down. Were you camping up here? This is a truly great shot, Adam. I’m looking forward to Part 2.

13. lisa says:

What a breathtaking view.
    Magnificent capture Adam!

14. Randall says:

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you
    know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think
    its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.