Jump!

How do you guys organize your files?  As far as storage and backing up, do you use multiple hard drives or have one big one.  I am horrendous at this and am currently copying 70,000 files to a 1 TB iomega external I bought about 5 months ago.  I am not sold on cloud computing yet; can you imagine how long it would take to upload 70,000 files to the Interweb Gods??  Anywasy, just curious to get your take on organization.  Only 6 hours to go with the backing up!!

I wanted to post a couple fun pictures today.  These were taken in Tuscany this past weekend.  I used Silver Efex Pro to process all of these.  I wanted to blow out the first 2, and soften the last one quite a bit.  I hope Melisa doesn’t mind my use of here smiling morning jump before our Tuscany Bike Tours ride :) Please let me know what you think!

These images are easy to make!  Try some of NIK’s high quality products like SILVER EFEX PRO for free!  Also, save 15% on any product by accessing their website HERE!!

Thanks for visiting!  Check back tomorrow!

Fantastic Adam. You did a great job of processing these shots. I really like the one of Melissa…great capture the exposure is dead on.

2. Curt Fleenor says:

Perfect b/w series Adam! I backup everything to a 1TB external and (when I remember) to a second external.

3. A.Barlow says:

Wow man I really like that tree picture. That’s art!

I dig the jump photo!

I use a DROBO S for backup and storage and then I have a faster firewire raid 0 device from GTech that I move raw files to for processing speed.

I love the tree picture – reminds me of the Bromoils that were still around when I started in photography. Oh God that makes me sound so old!

6. Wayne Frost says:

Adam-

I keep my Lightroom catalog on the laptop, but back it up to the Drobo FS. My images are all kept on the Drobo, which is configured for double redundancy. All of my “keepers” are also archived as JPG’s on SmugMug.

7. Marc Collins says:

Nice set Adam, love the POV of the first one.
    Only have an external hard drive to ‘back up’ my images. I keep meaning to pay for an online back up service as a second back up option. One day I’ll do this!

Awesome shots, Adam. Really like the way you’ve processed these. Melisa’s shot captures a great moment in time. :-)

I am still using two 1TB external drives and a laptop for storage. My collection is split between the laptop and desktop but everything is on the externals. I could do better in terms of organization.

set of marvelous photos Adam, I love them all

10. Ken Bello says:

Nice series, Adam. The tree is especially beautiful. I admire your choice of processing on these. I like the SE Pro but purchased the Topaz B&W plugin for its versatility.

11. Beautiful series Adam.
    I have two external drives. My first one is a 250Gig drive. This was the first external drive that I purchased, and I’m needing to upgrade it. I load all my pictures to this drive. I then back it up, and my main hard drive to a second 1TB drive.

12. Jan Winther says:

Yup, the jump photo is outstanding. Very cool shot.